Saturday, December 4, 2010

LA Auto Show: Toyota

 Those of you who know me know that I have only one car company I truly dislike, and that is Toyota. Even before the recent scandals, I have felt they have been less than honest with the public for a couple of decades now. And it accelerated in the last 10 years. But I thought I'd give a quick tour of some of their stuff at the auto show, since they do do a few things right. Hey, nothing is pure evil. They are very good at reaching out to young drivers, as this Scion display shows.
 And though the press hates it, I kind of like the Venza. At least from a styling perspective, maybe I'd hate it too if I drove it.
 It looks especially good in this blue. Press is unhappy because they say Toyota cut many corners and it feels cheap. I never get close enough to one to tell.
 A view of the Scion display. They had loud hip-hop playing and dancers sprinkled about. Yes, they know how to attract youth. Including those with weird footwear.
Over at the Lexus display, Toyota was trying to shake the "old persons" label that Lexus is quickly getting. They had this lowered LS400. It looked very picturesque and with the photo being taken while her daughter ran, I thought my photo came out pretty nicely. So here it is.



No comments: