Saturday, January 3, 2015

My Favorite Beverage Recipe

  Okay, here is something about me that only my immediate family knows.  Until now.

My favorite beverage at home is iced tea.   I rarely drink anything else at home (well, maybe some wine late in the evening)  and always make it myself.

I've made this tea for decades and the process never varies.  I thought I would finally document it somewhere, and that somewhere is here.
Step 1. Place five Lipton orange pekoe black tea bags in a round glass casserole dish with a glass lid.  Fill the dish about half to three-quarters full of water (maybe a quart of water?).

Step 2.  Place casserole dish in microwave and cook for 8 minutes.

Step 3.  Leave tea in casserole dish for 12-24 hours.

Step 4.  Pour tea into a one gallon pitcher (mine has a lid) and add water and 1.5 cups of sugar.

Step 5.  Stir well and either (a) serve immediately in a glass with ice cubes, or (b) refrigerate for future use.



That's it!  Pretty simple, but it has to be or I would never do it.  I'm not one who likes spending much time in the kitchen.  But I do love my tea.

No comments: