Friday, December 23, 2011

Kia, Hyundai, Mazda, Subaru, Acura, and Toyota


The Acura ZDX. It sure has love it or hate it styling - I kinda like it. One journalist said his neighbor kid thought it was the batmobile, and I can see that. But in a good way.
What becomes obvious when sitting in it, though, is that the back seat is going to be a royal pain. Head room has been severely sacrificed in the name of style (the fastback look), and adults must really duck to get in and out to avoid hitting their head on the door sill. Great looking car, but pretty impractical.

They had a Venza in this same color at the auto show last year too. I can see why, it's a great color for the car.
The production version of this car was unveiled days after we saw it at the auto show. The show car looks better, but they are both pretty sharp.


The Miata, a favorite with virtually everyone. In cluding me. A guy walked up to my wife shortly before this pic was taken and asked if the car is "too girly" for him to drive. My wife told him no. Not sure if she told him I used to own one.
Mazda 3. Nice little car.

Subaru's version of the red show car above. Both Toyota and Subaru are getting virtually identical versions of the car for production.




The Hyundai Azera. I think they screwed up. The prior generation looked better. Hyundai has been on a roll lately, but I think this shows that even they can still make mistakes. We'll see what the public thinks.
Kinda strange, if you ask me.
Not much better.

And Kia went totally off the wall. Yikes! They are obviously not aiming at my demographic. I would have a hard time even riding in that car.
WTF?

Great little Kia crossover, though.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was quite a showcase of sharp-looking cars! The one that looks like a Batmobile is a looker; it’s too bad its interior space was sacrificed to give way to its style. I agree that it’s pretty impractical to get a good-looking car that comes with restricted interiors. Well, it’s good to see that not all stylish cars are designed that way. Thanks for sharing your auto show experience!

Rhonda Burgess @ Bob Dunn Hyundai