Friday, December 23, 2011

Chevrolet, Cadillac, and Buick


The day after Thanksgiving, we went to the auto show. It is a great day to do it if you can get there early, as it is not too crowded and most people are at retail stores doing the Black Friday thing anyway.
It is a lot of walking though, and it usually takes 3 to 4 hours to see everything. The next few posts are some of the better photos I took that day. I didn't capture everything in pictures though, and I missed some exquisite cars - it's just how things worked out. For one thing, I wish I would have taken photos of the smaller Fords...not sure what happened there.

Let's start with the Chevy display. This actual Camaro looked exactly like a full scale Hot Wheels!
The paint was amazing - I've never seen anything like it...except on a Hot Wheels car.

The Cruze is a great small car - it looks and feels high quality though it looked a little lonesome at the show. I've seen them on the road and at the dealer, and they look quite nice.

The Volt was very popular at the show. It is still hard to get seat time, even though this is it's second year here.

David trying out the driver's seat in a Volt.


They had three of them at the show, as opposed to one last year.

Camaro convertible was looking sharp!


I took this photo because the gentleman behind the wheel looked like a giant in there. He was grumbling as he got out, saying it was too small for his frame.

The new Sonic and I must say, it looks all the world like a Hedgehog!
Especially in the headlight area.

Cadillac had a fine display....this division has come a long, long way.
We had a CTS as a rental in Vegas this year, and we loved it. I never thought I'd like a Caddy, but I must say it would be sweet to own.

The Ciel show car. I have a love-hate relationship with this design. Can't quite decide.


The new Cadillac XTS - the first one I've seen. I kinda like the design. But it shouldn't be the top of the line - Caddy badly needs a flagship. Something bigger, more bold. Very upscale.
The Cadillac Converj show car, a hybrid. It has just been confirmed that Cadillac will build a production version called the ELR.

Buick has come a long way also....very lovely design here.

The angles are just perfect, especially in this gray color.


But it still looks awkward from the front - needs some work here. And look at the 20 somethings bailing - don't shoot me in a Buick!! Lol. Buick has some image building yet to do.

No comments: