Sunday, August 31, 2008

Milan: Women on Bikes


 While waiting for the city tour bus, I noticed a very curious thing. There were women zipping by us on bicycles all the time! I suppose if you're used to that, it wouldn't seem odd. But being that I'm from car-crazy southern California, it really stood out to me. So I started taking their picture. The woman above is the first of many such photos I took in Milan. The next three were also taken while waiting for that bus.




 There was the ocassional male rider also.

 It seemed that men chose motorcycles while women chose bicycles, but that was not always the case. Note the red shoes on this rider.
 Struggling to keep it all together.
 An attempt to protect the shopping bag from falling off forced a fairly awkward riding position here.













No comments: