Sunday, September 1, 2013

Camera Comparison Using the Maserati Ghibli

 This is the first Maserati Ghibli we have seen in the states, and it is one of only four in the states right now.

I took photos of it with both my Canon SX20 IS and Samsung Galaxy S4.  Let's compare how they did.

This first one is the Canon.
 Samsung Galaxy S4
 Canon SX20 IS
 Samsung Galaxy S4
  Canon SX20 IS
 Samsung Galaxy S4
  Canon SX20 IS
 Samsung Galaxy S4
 Canon SX20 IS.

To my eye, they are very close.  Sometimes, the Canon appears to take a brighter pic, sometimes the Samsung.

However, it does appear to me that the Canon is sharper. I attribute that to the camera stabilization ability on the Canon...I tend to shake a bit when I snap.

Also,  it is much harder to zoom and determine exactly what is in the frame with the Samsung.  I am much more adept at getting just what I want quickly before things move on me with the Canon.

The Samsung is great in a pinch,  but the Canon is certainly the better choice right now.  And in low light - it's the Canon hands down.

No comments: