Thursday, August 14, 2014

Wedding Weekend: Campus Tour

 While in Chico, we had the chance to walk around the California State University, Chico campus.  This is where I went to school, as well as John who walked with us.  Our son Ron is going to CSUC right now.  In fact, he works in this building - Laxson Auditorium.
 One of the more beautiful things about the campus is the creek that runs through the middle of campus.  Foot bridges provide access to the various buildings, and provide a welcome respite from the stress as one walks from one class to the next.  Here, Lucy and Teo take a moment to pause while walking across the creek.
 No signs of stress here!
 In front of Holt Hall, the math building, Troy finds a stick...
...and does his best Andy Griffith Show impression!
 Another foot bridge.
 Lucy and Teo enjoying the squirrels and tall trees.
Pausing along the creek.
 Teo, Lucy and Troy.
 This is Butte Hall.  I always thought of it as the building with geography classes and where the mainframes were kept, since those were my goals when I went in the building.  But apparently it hosts communication classes and anthropology also now.
 The lawn in front of Butte Hall.
 Meriam Library.   I spent a lot of time here since I lived an hour away from campus in Yuba City with my wife and son.  I had to have a place to study between classes, and that was the nice quiet nooks in Meriam Library.  My home away from home.
Many of my classes were in Siskiyou Hall since that was where the computer science department was centered at the time (I believe it is now in the newly built O'Connell Technology Center).  For whatever reason, I didn't swing the camera around and get a shot of Siskiyou,  but I did get this shot of Teo and Troy walking away from it.
 Lucy and my wife sitting in the plaza.
 Troy, Lucy, Teo, and my wife.
 Glenn Hall.  The only time I was ever in there was for an accounting class.
 This building is new.  It did not exist when I was in school.  It is the Student Services Center, apparently.
 Teo approaching the rose garden in front of Glenn Hall.
 The statue at the edge of the rose garden.
 Lucy and Teo after their tour of the rose garden.
 Our gang:  Mary, John, Alex, my wife, Troy, Teo, and Lucy.
 The sculptures in front of Ayres Hall, the art building.

Teo.
 Troy.
 Alex.
 Mary, John,and Alex with Ayres Hall in the background.  I took a few art appreciation courses in there.  It was fun.  I got to walk by the room where they did nude modeling.


 My wife and John.
 Troy.
 Troy.
 Alex.
Troy.

No comments: