Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Next Generation

We received some fantastic news late last month that I have been waiting to share...we are about to become grandparents. Well, in a few months anyway.

That's right, David and Lucy are expecting their first child! It is very exciting news and I think they are both in a state of shock - I tried to wait until they had told everyone, but it's been a few weeks now so I told them this week that I was going to let the cat out of the bag - whether they had released the official news or not.

As far as we know, we should be grandparents before the year is out...this is going to be fun! We had been dreading having the word "grand" in front of our familial titles, but you know what? It's time. We're ready.

Congratulations, David and Lucy!


1 comment:

Mike said...

I promise not to call you "grandpa".