Saturday, December 16, 2023

Domaine Carneros 2023

As we were driving up to Jack London State Park, we passed this winery and I remarked "hey!  we've been there before!".  My wife politely stated that she had asked to go there this trip too - somehow that had not registered in my head.

So I asked her to call Domaine Carneros right then and there from the car and see if they could fit us in that day.  They said yes, in about two hours.  That was perfect as we could do Jack London then head over to Domaine Carneros to wind down from the hiking.

So that's exactly what we did.  Here is my wife immediately after we sat down.
She snapped a photo of me also.  They had sat us in a side parlor that was nicely shaded from the sun yet still had great views.
We each ordered a different flight of sparkling wines which gave us a chance to taste virtually everything they offered.
Bottoms up!
My wife's flight.
My flight.
Is it time to taste yet?
The view from our seats.
It was a lovely day.
Waiting for something to drop.

So now I know - this is my wife's favorite winery in Napa Valley.  Let's hope I don't forget!  I got lucky this time...
 

No comments: