Wednesday, March 18, 2015

GSV: Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles

 Using Google Maps to research something, I stumbled across a series of nice street scenes on Wilshire Blvd in Los Angeles.  We've visited Wilshire Blvd a number of times, but because I'm busy driving, I don't get to appreciate the architecture and atmosphere.  Let's start towards Koreatown and work our way west.  Here is a great one to start with.
 A newer building with a very interesting exterior.
 A beautiful church.  It appears to be December with the Christmas Tree poster out front.
 This looks like an update on an older building.  I need to research why the Commissary sign is out front!  That term always reminds me of military base grocery stores.
 Another beautiful church.  Notice the nativity scene out front.
 An interesting Denny's location.  I've never viewed one like this!


 Somebody's hungry!
 I thought this was particularly picturesque.  This appears to be an Asian woman walking past a museum.
 I've driven by this several times and never knew it was there!
 Loved the way the sun bounces off this building.
 Who would you rather see?  Engelbert Humperdinck, Styx, or Neil Sedaka?
 Not sure why I captured this...the streetlight maybe?  A typical street scene on Wilshire Blvd.
And look at this!  A car like ours going down the street!

No comments: