Sunday, June 15, 2008

Our House, Part 1

As many of you know, we sold our 2200 sf home last year and bought another home nearby. This was not as smooth and operation as it sounds on the surface, as many of my friends and relatives well know. But we survived the year and ended up in a very delightful house that fits out lifestyle extremely well.

The new house is 2938 sf, 5 bedroom, 3 baths and is about 10 years old. The lot is somewhere around 8,000 square feet, though I don't know for sure. One of these days I'll go down to the county archive and find out, but it isn't high enough on my priority list right now.

The family that lived in the home before us had 7 children. They are well behaved and polite, but any time you have that many people in a house it will wear out faster. Therefore, we decided to completely redo the interior of the house. We ripped out the kitchen and bathrooms and refinished everything else. Now, 9 months later, it is pretty much done except for a few trim pieces such as baseboards and light fixtures.

As time goes on, I will post a few photos of the finished rooms. We have been getting many friends and relatives making reservations at the Bell Curve Hotel this summer, and we welcome that as we are anxious to show off what we've done and share some time with the people we care for. We are very happy with the way it turned out.

Once we recover financially from the remodel, we'll turn our attention to the back yard where we want to add a hot tub and perhaps a small pool. But that definitely won't happen anytime in 2008!

3 comments:

sandy said...

OKay, can you book my hubby and I for ummmm...let's say....July 4 weekend...haha.

Lovely exterior on that house and can't wait to see the pics as you put them up.

sandy

Gwen Buchanan said...

J.. you must be so happy that your renovation is done... and I must say you have a finished home much faster than we did.. 8 years here were way too long.. I'll enjoy seeing what you have done to make it your own... must feel good!
especially since you have such wide range of interests...

have a wonderful trip to Milan... Lucky!!!

J said...

Just today I discovered I had in my possession already the lot plans for the homes on my street. Our lot is 7450 sf, not the 8000 I had estimated. This surprises me a little, as the lot is shown at 100 ft deep and it feels deeper to me. But it is a very comfortable sized lot.

Now I know!