Saturday, May 1, 2021

Just Walking Down The Street, I saw this 1949 Alfa...

 I was looking through old photos this weekend when I stumbled across these that I took in August 2012 in Carmel.  It was Concours d'Elegance week and the nearby town of Carmel is full of cars and live music and fun in the days surrounding that event.  Somehow when I did my original post on the show back in 2012, I did not talk about this car that was just parked on the street.
We were out looking for a place to have dinner when I saw this by the curb.  Just parked there, with no one around.  I knew instantly it was something special and probably unrestored so I took a few photos while my wife patiently waited.

Turns out I was right - this is car sold a year and a half later for $324,500 at a Sotheby's auction.  Read more about the history of the car here.


No comments: