Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Trip to Carson City

 We drove up to Carson City to attend my wife's mother's Celebration of Life and take care of some loose ends.  About halfway there, traffic came to a stop for a few minutes due to construction.  So I pulled out my cell phone and took this photo.  Do you know where we are?
 Lone Pine!  Somewhere in that prior photo is Mount Whitney, though I'm not familiar enough with that mountain to know exactly where.
 When we arrived at Carson City that evening and stepped out of the car,  this very unique cloud form greeted us.  It was really gorgeous.  So I captured it with my camera.
 The next day, we picked up the ashes at this nice little place in Reno.  It was in a very old, but well maintained, house.
 We saw this license plate in Reno.  Can you see what state it is from?
 Returning to Carson City to take care of other business, our journey led us to park on a street directly across from another cremation service!  Peculiar, as I don't recall ever seeing another one in the wild.  Ever.

I think I can even see remnants of snow on the mountain behind it.  And this was taken in June!
 After the stress from our activities, we treated ourselves to dinner on Lake Tahoe.
 We made the journey in this XTS which we found very comfortable and powerful.
 I was surprised by how much I liked it!
A neat feature: the door handles light up in the evening.

Cheers!

No comments: