Friday, April 3, 2020

New Refrigerator

 Well our refrigerator went on the fritz this week.  Sometimes it was cold, sometimes it was not.  I called a repairman and he said that today's refrigerators are closed systems - unless it was an electrical problem, it would be over $1000 to fix and probably not worth the effort.  He helped me troubleshoot over the phone, and found it wasn't the electrical so probably not worth fixing.  We made an emergency trip down to Lowes to find a new one.

We had intended to get a side-by-side like our last one, but they are getting to be a small slice of available choices.  I had not realized how out of fashion they are.

We were both initially against a french door model, but finally found one that had everything that was important to us.  We couldn't find a side-by-side that had everything we wanted.
 So we purchased this Tuesday evening and it was delivered just after lunch today.
 I'm not usually very excited by refrigerators.  I suppose being stuck at home has made it much more important to me now!
Ruby, however, was not impressed.

No comments: