Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Elly Mae's Not Home


 Okay, one more Hillbillies post then I'll move on...I found out one more interesting feature of this property. Apparently the new owner, Mr. Perrenchio, didn't like all the tourists and tour buses stopping outside his front gate, snapping pictures. Why do I think that? Look closely at the first picture in this post...the driveway has been removed and replaced with trees and shrubs! Tourists can no longer stop in front of the Clampetts and snap a photo.
 The natural question that arises is, where is the new entrance? Well spinning the helicopter around several times, I think I see it. Looking at the first pic, notice the light brown road that goes straight up, off the top of the picture (apparently on the roof of the garage)? I think that is the new entrance road

Spinning the helo in the second pic, you can now see the entrance is up the road and around the corner! That's quite a bit of distance to move an entrance! Those tour buses must be very loud and obnoxious! The entry road follows the curve in Bel Air Rd and eventually winds up back in the Clampett courtyard.

Finally, let's flip this helo around one more time...it appears to me that they guest entrance is too narrow for delivery trucks, etc. That's probably why this third photo shows that there are actually two entrances - the yellow guest/resident entrance and the red service entrance.

Mystery solved! But wait, what is that round structure (see green arrow)?? Let me know what you think, I'm really curious.

And now, I'll move on to another neighborhood. I promise. Unless I find another interesting tidbit about the Clampett abode.

3 comments:

sandy said...

This was so interesting. Okay..could it be a covered merry go round..

...or a circular solarium.

I enjoyed seeing the changes in the entrance(s)...

thanks for the helicopter ride.

sandy

J said...

Looking at this some more today, I think the entrance shown with the red line is really the guest/resident entrance (it is wide and well manicured)...they hust have to make a quick right to enter the courtyard.

The yellow line is probably some sort of backup or service entrance (maybe used if tourists are crowding the main entrance?) since where it touches the public street is pretty nondescript and plain. It also appears to be very narrow.

Finally, I don't think there is a road toward the yellow arrowhead, where I thought the yellow line entered the courtyard. I think a traffic meets a few yards back where the red and yellow lines cross and that is actually a T intersection.

This is a very fun property to study.

Anonymous said...

Looks like framework for a gazebo being built.