Tuesday, October 1, 2013

John W Barker Timeline

 Several members of my family have spent a considerable amount of time researching our family history.  We can generally get back as far as John W Barker, born 1822.   Here is a summary of what we know so far.
I've also highlighted in yellow information we are still missing.  I can understand not being able to find much for 1830 and 1840, but it seems bizarre that we can't find him in the 1850 and 1860 US Censuses, since they had much more complete and robust information.  Especially the 1860 census where he had a wife and daughter!

This blog entry is an extension of my prior entry on John W Barker that can be found here.

1 comment:

Cindy S said...

Hi. My name is Cindy South, and I just found out a few years ago I'm a part of the Barker family (Max Barker up in Kansas (?) knows how I fit in). I'm looking to see if there is a William and Nelly Barker in the line up somewhere. It would be somewhere near the 1900ish mark, they were from outside of Liverpool, he was construction or cabinetry, and she was a hat maker. Thank you for your time, and I hope to hear a response.